We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to the privacy of any information you may provide to us. This policy discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this web site: www.tpt.org. as well as any other web sites owned or operated by tpt.
We will do our very best to ensure the privacy of any identifiable information (such as full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and/or other identifiable information) you may provide to us.
Information We May Gather:
- Our web servers will create log files which contain all or some of the following information:
- The date, time and length of your visit
- The path taken through our Web site and the browser being used.
- The list of files downloaded and the amount of time spent viewing any video or audio files
- The Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) of the computer accessing our Site. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site.
- Any errors encountered.
- We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis. However, in order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with the following:
- contest registration
- subscription registration for sites or services which require subscription (such as e-mail newsletters).
- requests for membership information
- fulfillment of your orders for merchandise
- gathering your editorial comments and feedback
- content submissions, comments and suggestions, or voting
- On-line surveys. The information you may provide in these surveys is used only on an aggregate basis to describe our audiences and assist us in better serving you.
- Participation in community postings, bulletin boards or "chat rooms"
- tpt may use your personally identifiable information for the activities explained above and for internal and marketing promotional purposes.
- Subject to your approval, tpt may include some or all of the personal information gathered above on lists which we may make available to well established charitable, cultural non-profit organizations. Please refer to the "tpt Policy Regarding the Exchange of Member Lists" for further information. We do not share, exchange, rent or sell any of our lists to political parties or candidates for political office.
- If you do not want personal information which you voluntarily supply used by us for these purposes, you can simply "opt out." Please note, however, under certain circumstances, opting out may prevent your participation in activities for which personal information is needed, as in contests.
- When you engage in financial transactions at our Site, you may be asked for a credit card number. Our web server uses industry-standard technology to protect your credit card number as it passes through the Internet. Such information is saved in an encrypted format or in internal systems that are protected by an internal "firewall" system.
You Should Also Know:
This site contains links to other sites. www.tpt.org is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other Web sites.
This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas. Also, please note that we do not accept any responsibility for the information or content presented in such areas by users.
Twin Cities Public Television supports the Consumer Reports WebWatch guidelines to promote credible information practices on the Web and tpt.org is listed as a "Praise Worthy" site by WebWatch. (Click here for more information on Consumer Reports WebWatch. The appearance of our site on the "Praise Worthy" list does not count as a certification or an endorsement by Consumer Reports.)
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us by either email to [email protected] or by letter to Member Services, Twin Cities Public Television, Inc., 172 E. 4th St., St. Paul, MN 55101.